I am so lucky. XD
1. My family has no idea that I swear and if they did I would die a horrible death.
2. My Grandma came and wanted to see my drawings.
3. I said, not remembering my last journal, "All of the drawings I like are on the internet. Can I bring up the laptop?"
4. LUCKILY, I was sitting across from my mother and grandma when I opened the internets and went to my deviantart page.
5. I thought fast, and KABLAM! I just went to my gallery. XD
KARMA IS ONLY GOOD TO ME WHEN I'M A BAD PERSON.
No, it's true! I let my brother on the computer (nice) and my drawing is killed.
I swear excessively (bad) and get away with it, AND I get the only praise I've just about EVER gotten from a family member.
No seriously. TT^TT My mom calls me obsessive and addicted, my brother says I'll never make anything worthwhile, my sister makes sly comments, and my dad, though he at least TRIES to be kind of encouraging, makes very mean/strange comments. Example A.) Friend watching me draw: "Wow, you're really good!" Me:"Thanks so much! Really, it means a lot--" Dad: "Yes, she's very good, isn't she? Maybe someday she'll draw comics for a newspaper! *smiles*" Me: *mumbles* Thanks... But I was kinda hoping on getting a studio or something......." Friend: "*looks at me and my dad and quickly changes the subject*
Yup. And that's some of the highest praise I've gotten from my family.